Use Two Men And A Truck’s list of First-Night new home essentials to make sure you have an enjoyable and stress-free first night in your new home.
It’s the first night in your new home, and your finally done moving all the boxes. The last thing you want to do is unpack everything to find your essentials for the night, so use this list to make sure you’re not scrambling around at the end of the day. Pack an “open-first” box full of essentials you’ll need while you’re getting unpacked. Some things include:
- Plates, cups and utensils for dinner. Even if your furniture isn’t set up, a makeshift first-night dinner still requires some basics
- Charges for mobile phones, laptops, etc.
- Basic cleaning supplies including rags for wiping down surfaces before unpacking, a small broom and dustpan and some rubbish bags.
- Sheets, duvet & pillow covers: You don’t want to be caught out without sheets to sleep on, after a hectic day of moving.
- First Aid Kit: Just in case of emergencies.
- Toiletries: It’ll be a long day, and you’ll definitely want to shower after all that hard work.
- Bathroom things including toilet paper and a shower curtain. You don’t want to be without either on the first night in your new home.
- Scissors, pens and paper are also important things you’ll need for the first night in your new home.
Follow this list of first-night new home essentials, and you’ll be able to have a great ending to what will be a very busy moving day!