The internet can be a great place to compare moving companies and receive quotes for your move, but when searching for a mover online there are some important tips to bear in mind to avoid risky home mover companies:
- Be sure the site you land on is the site you are looking for and not a fake. Spend a few minutes looking through the site and verifying the company’s local address.
- When submitting a request for a quote, be sure that you are sending your details to the company you are seeking and not to a site that sells your information to others.
- Be careful when dealing with comparison sites and remember that there is a big difference between a moving company and a moving broker.
- When searching for a bargain, remember that some things shouldn’t be done on the cheap. If you value your possessions, consider that it is worth paying more to ensure they are safely transported.
- Find testimonials for the company and ask family and friends if they would recommend them.
Use these tips to help you find the right moving company and be sure to have the right list of questions to ask before making any commitments.